- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Rosemary olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper (freshly)
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Cinnamon Pear balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold running water. Pat it dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mince together the rosemary and garlic. Loosen the chicken skin from the flesh, and rub the flesh with J. Olive Co. Rosemary olive oil and then the herb mixture. Sprinkle with black pepper. Put 2 rosemary sprigs into the cavity of the chicken. Truss the chicken.
- Place the chicken into a roasting pan and roast for 20 to 25 minutes per pound, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Whole chicken should cook to an internal temperature of 180 F. Baste frequently with pan juices. When browned and juices run clear, transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
- In a small saucepan, combine the J. Olive Co. Cinnamon Pear balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Heat until warm but don’t boil.
- Carve the chicken and remove the skin. Top the pieces with the vinegar mixture. Garnish with the remaining rosemary sprigs and serve immediately.
*Recipe modified from Yummly – https://bit.ly/1O0xMho