- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tsp J. Olive Co. Garlic olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Pomegranate balsamic
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 Tbsp chopped rosemary
- Season both sides of the flank steak liberally with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar and balsamic in a small bowl.
- Place flank steak in baking dish, prick both sides of the steak with the tines of a fork, pour the marinade over top and flip the steak a few times to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Let the excess marinade drip off the steak and reserve the juices.
- Preheat oven to high broil and position rack in upper third of the oven.
- Place the steak on a broiler pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer depending on your preference.
- Remove the steak from the oven, cover with tin foil and let rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberries, rosemary and remaining marinade in a small sauce pot.
- Cook over medium heat until cooked down and cranberries have popped.
- When there’s just a touch of liquid left, add the pomegranate arils, stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Slice the steak against the grain and pour the sauce over top.
Recipe modified from Pinehurst Olive Oil and image courtesy of Running to the Kitchen