- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon J. Olive Co. EVOO
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup onions (chopped)
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 cloves roasted garlic (smashed, or 2 cloves raw)
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Traditional balsamic
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped, fresh)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chives (fresh chopped, or parsley)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Heat the butter and olive oil on medium high heat in a skillet. Add the chicken breasts season each side with salt and pepper and cook 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to an oven-safe baking dish and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the juice run clear.
- When 10 minutes of baking time remain, prepare the balsamic mushrooms. Heat the same skillet used to brown the chicken over medium high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms. Saute for 1 minute before adding in the roasted garlic; cook for an additional minute. Add the balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, and chopped thyme. Heat the balsamic vinegar through for 1 minute then add in the 1/2 cup of water. Continue to cook until the liquid reduces to about half. Adjust the seasonings to taste. Serve warm with chopped chives or parsley.
Recipe and image courtesy of Little Spice Jar