- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons J.Olive Co. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook and stir the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain the bacon and reserve.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan over high heat; reduce heat to low to keep the chicken stock hot.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion; cook and stir until the onion begins to turn golden brown at the edges, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the rice and stir until the rice is coated in butter and has started to toast, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in one-third of the hot chicken stock and continue stirring until the rice has absorbed the liquid and turned creamy.
- Repeat this process twice more, stirring constantly. Stirring in the broth should take 15 to 20 minutes in all.
- When finished, the rice should be tender, yet slightly firm. Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and garlic infused olive oil, the Parmesan cheese, and the reserved bacon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.