- 2 cups asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp J.Olive Co. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 cup cooked beans (canned is fine, drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup baby spinach
- 1 avocado, flesh diced
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over high heat, sauté the asparagus with 1 Tbsp of olive oil for 3-4 minutes, before adding the garlic and caraway and frying another 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant and asparagus is bright green and cooked through (while still retaining its bite)
- Salt to taste.
- In a large bowl add the asparagus and the remaining ingredients, tossing well and adjusting lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Best served immediately.