- 5 to 6 chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Blood Orange olive oil, plus extra for baking sheet
- 12 to 14 ounces of Brie cheese, sliced into 5 or 6 slices
- 10 ounce apricot spread
- ¾ cup cooked and chopped bacon, divided
- ½ cup J. Olive Co. Apricot balsamic, reduced
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Drizzle baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- Using a knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Salt and pepper the chicken on the inside and the outside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil.
- Place chicken in hot pan and brown each side for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and place in baking dish.
- Using tongs, carefully stuff chicken with the sliced Brie cheese.
- Layer cheese with ½ cup crumbled bacon, saving ¼ cup for the top of the chicken.
- Spoon apricot spread over the top of the chicken.
- Top with remaining bacon and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Drizzle chicken with reduced balsamic and serve.
TO MAKE REDUCED BALSAMIC
- Place balsamic vinegar in glass bowl.
- Microwave vinegar for 1 minute and stir. Repeat until balsamic begins to boil.
- Continue cooking for 30 second increments, stirring each time.
- Repeat until balsamic has thickened.
Recipe modified and image courtesy of Chef in Training