- 2 pork tenderloins, a minimum of 1 lb
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup apricot jam, divided
- 1/3 cup white sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Apricot balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp J. Olive Co. Sesame Seed oil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees* and arrange oven rack in middle position.
- Season pork on all sides with salt and pepper and with the back of a spoon completely coat tenderloins with 1/4 cup of apricot jam.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds all over both tenderloins until evenly coated.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil and transfer pork on it.
- Roast 29 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads between 150 and 155 degrees.
- Remove from oven, lift foil and wrap around pork. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine remaining apricot jam, hoisin sauce, balsamic vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring, and cook 5 minutes.
- Slice tenderloins into 1-inch thick slices and spoon warm sauce over them.
*The oven temp seems high, but it is important because it gives the sesame seed crust its deep, roasted flavor.
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious.com