- 3/4 cup J. Olive Co. Apricot balsamic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- pinch of salt
- 10 dried apricots, halved
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Blood Orange olive oil
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup kumquats or citrus slices for color (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small sauce pan, place the balsamic, cinnamon, honey, lemon and a pinch of salt and bring to a low simmer. Reduce by half.
- Coat the inside of a spring form pan with butter. Place apricots at the bottom of the pan (along with any additional citrus, for color), snuggly and in a circular fashion and pour the syrup over the fruit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the yogurt and extra virgin.
- In a separate bowl, sift in the pastry flour and add the remaining dry ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients, a little bit at a time, into the wet ingredients. Fold in the white chocolate.
- Pour the batter over the apricots and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cake gently wiggles when shaken. Cool slightly.
- Flip the cake carefully onto a large plate and unmold. Enjoy!
Recipe modified and image courtesy of Saratoga Olive Oil