- 5 cups water
- 2 cups Spaghetti fettuccine, or linguine
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp J. Olive Co. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Chicken breasts should be around 6-8oz each
- 2 1/2 tsp J. Olive Co. butter olive oil
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup minced garlic or 1/4 cup, depending on your preference
- 1 tbsp Italian herb spice blend
- optional 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Boil water in tall stockpot.
- While boiling water, add olive oil to pan and heat on medium high until shimmery.
- Generously salt and pepper chicken.
- Add chicken to pan, cook until deep brown on each side, about 5 minutes per side.
Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned and softened.
Add garlic and butter olive oil, stir.
Let butter melt and garlic become soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
When garlic is lightly browned (and does not smell bitter), add chicken stock, wine, and Italian spices.
Stir to mix well.
Let sauce reduce and thicken, another 5 minutes.
When pasta is al dente and chicken’s internal temperature has reached 165 degrees, drain well and place in large serving bowl.
Add chicken and sauce over the top of pasta.
Toss to coat pasta in sauce.
Serve, garnish with fresh grated parmesan if desired.
Recipe and picture modified from www.sweetcsdesigns.com.
What happen to the mushrooms?
Good catch John! We added 8 oz. of cremini mushrooms back into the recipe. We have fixed the mistake in the recipe. Check out it out now!