- 2 tilapia filets
- 2 Tbsp J. Olive Co. Lemon Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme (stems removed)
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- kosher salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (Fresh, taste)
- 1/2 cup egg beaters (or 2 large eggs beaten)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp capers
- Mix bread crumb, thyme, garlic powder salt and pepper in a large shallow dish.
- Add egg beaters or beaten eggs to a separate large shallow dish.
- Dip tilapia into the egg mixture, then into dry mixture and place in a large preheated skilled with lemon infused olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sear on first side until brown turn and cook on the second side until brown. This takes about 5 minutes total cooking time, because the fish is thin.
- Remove fish and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with wine and add broth bring to a boil and reduce by half. Whisk in butter.
- Make a thickening agent by whisking cornstarch and water.
- Gradually whisk thickening agent into boiling sauce.
- Add capers and olives to the pan and serve over fish.
Recipe and image found at Sonoma Farms