- 2 cups rice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth or water
- ¼-1 tsp J. Olive Co. Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp J.Olive Co. Apricot Balsamic, plus more when serving, if desired
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple or a cup of assorted tropical fruits, small dice, drained
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp J. Olive Co. sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- 1/4 cup green onion, roots removed, whites and light green parts, sliced thin
- Sliced raw almonds or chopped macadamia nuts, to taste
- Chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Rinse rice and add it to a large pot with the broth, olive oil, Balsamic, and coconut milk. Cook on low until done, about 15-20 minutes.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and add the pineapple or other fruit, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar. Mix well, taste and adjust seasoning. Add more balsamic if you like a little more sweetness or flavor. You can put the rice back on the stove for a few minutes to warm it up. If using fresh pineapple, this helps to take away some of the acidity. You can also serve it after the additions without adding any additional heat.
- Garnish the rice with green onions, nuts, coconut flakes, and cilantro before serving.
Recipe modified and image courtesy of Flying Olive