- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon J. Olive Co. Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 ¾ cups liquid, water or chicken stock
Heat J. Olive Co. Garlic Olive Oil in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Pour rice into pan and sauté rice until translucent [about 5 minutes]. Then add the liquid and cook rice for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest until the remainder of the dish is ready.
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium sized red onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ pound of White or Crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 broccoli crown, cut into flowerets
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons J. Olive Co. Garlic Olive Oil
- ½ cup J. Olive Co. Serrano Honey Vinegar
- Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles
- Note: To add more “heat” to this dish, sauté the chicken and vegetables in J. Olive Co. Baklouti Olive Oil or add ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
Sauté chicken in J. Olive Co. Garlic Olive Oil until done and set aside in a bowl. Add the broccoli, onions and red bell peppers to the pan and sauté until warmed through, yet still crunchy. Place cooked chicken back into the pan and add the J. Olive Co. Serrano Honey Vinegar. Cook, while stirring, until all the ingredients are coated and the chicken is heated.
Serve alone, over rice or chow mein noodles.
Special thanks to Fustinis.com for the great recipe!