- 2 cups (8.5 ounces) flour
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) 100% cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounces) cup sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or regular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line one 12-cup muffin tin and one 6-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and olive oil, until thick and well-mixed.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and pour in the milk, stirring well with a wooden spoon until just combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until center springs back when gently touched or a metal skewer inserted comes out clean.